About Me

My photo
Student, full time job with Children's Hosptial, Training for marathons and triathlons, and living the dream.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Roos are so much cooler than deer!


It has been an amazing couple weeks. All the students walked in the Notre Dame parade, and walked around town. all roads were blocked off, we had a band, the town was cheering, and it was a TON of fun! We went to the Caversham Wildlife Park and played with the roos, koalas, dingos, wallabies and wombats.....hahahha I felt like I kid in a candy shop. We were all so interested in the roos, that we probably hung out with them for at least an hour if not more. We were able to touch them and feed them.

I am finally getting into the rhythm of school here, which is sad. The "honeymoon" is over.....and its down to business....hahahha well for the most part. We are all getting into a schedule and starting to do out own thing. I joined the Footy team, along with 6 others girls from the P&O, which is so much fun to play on wed and Fri evenings. I am the captain which makes it more fun, the sport is a combo of football, soccer, and volleyball.....i know very confusing. We went to our first professional game the other day which was so much fun to see. The stand were packed!!!

There is a lot I have yet to learn about this country and even just this little area. Going for a run along the beach I see all these buildings and places that are so interesting. I am excited to keep crossing things off my check list of things to do and so far I am doing a pretty good job, but time flies down here. You may feel like everything is in slow motion but then all of a sudden it is the weekend again.

I will be very excited, to write about my next couple weekends, which are packed with adventures. Bye for now, and much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment