About Me

My photo
Student, full time job with Children's Hosptial, Training for marathons and triathlons, and living the dream.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Is this real life part 2?




Another couple weeks have already gone by and each day seems to get faster and faster. Time just slips away and I never realize it. I have made some awesome accomplishments which has made me feel like I am doing something other than checking out cute boys and hanging out at the beach. I am the captain for footy which is so much fun and I have made some excellent contacts for doing business for social event with the footy teams around the area. I have begun volunteering as a therapy assistant at an assisted living center and I really enjoy helping the residents there.

I was part of Australian natural disaster history....well the Aussie's thought it was super bad but it is every day life for the Minnesotans. It rained super hard that no one in town new what to do. People freaked out basically, clearly no one knew how to drive in rain. Their drain system was so bad that people had flooding. But all of us loved that it was raining and went out to enjoy the puddles and the awesome lightening strikes on the horizon of the ocean.

This weekend was so much fun, on Friday we had a back to uni party at Metro, which is a club in Freo. On Saturday, I went on an Archaeological excavation through UNDA with my prof Shane Burke. This is one of the coolest educational experiences EVER. ;) I really did enjoy every minute of it. Finding artifacts from the 1800's was so amazing. Ever layer of dirt that we uncovered in a very meticulous way told a story and amazing things could be found. Nails, broken glass and plates, limestone, tools, etc. are just some of the few things we found. On Sunday we went to the Dockers game, which is the Australian Football League. This is equivalent to our NFL, so going to a vikings game. It was so awesome, I received free tickets and we got box seats, so it really could not have gotten much better.

I can't believe that this is the last week of march. I am so excited to head up north this weekend to visit the Aboriginals. I am able to mark off another couple things on my freo/perth to do list, which makes me so happy.

Miss everyone, going to get back to HW Love you,
~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment