About Me

My photo
Student, full time job with Children's Hosptial, Training for marathons and triathlons, and living the dream.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Freo....is this real life?


So I cannot believe that I have finally made it all the way around the world, traveled to New Zealand done so incredible things and have begun school at the University of Notre Dame Fremantle.

I love my home, I am living in a historical hotel, which has been changed into a dorm, called the P&O Hotel. I love the people I am living with, there are 35 total- 24 CSB/SJU students and 11 domestic students. We have also begun to get tho know the other study abroad students living in the other 2 dorms.

My classes are great, taking; genetics, human growth & development, Austrlian History, Senior Seminar, and Acting......yes I know don't ask. The Australians and amazing so far, I have met a couple that are really nice. Th University is pretty small but definately simialr to St. Ben's. The school is right on the edge of town, basically every other store is either a cafe, bar or clothing store......AWESOME!

We go to the beach almost every day, and we normally go for a walk around town either to the market or to get a drink at a pub. The culture is so laid back, its incredible, so hard to do HW when all you want to do is go play ball in the park, or hit up the beach. Especially on these beautiful days that we have had.

I have joined the local footy team, which is so complicated to explain but fun to play. Bascially volleyball, football and soccer combined.

WE ahve some awesome trips coming up, which I cant wait to go on. Lots going on, lots to do and so many stories to tell.

Love AUSTRALIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment